silverhead: As I mentioned before, I quickly drew the coastline because I wanted to post 'something' but then I realized the time and thought: "Maybe I should just go to bed ..." So, yeah, it's quite empty at the moment but I'm sure that it will change soon enough. Thank you for the comment! : )

Rythal: Thank you! As for the coastline I draw the shape of the continent first, then I use clouds to create the edges. But I must admit that I found it easier in PS7 to adjust the contrast of a single layer than in CS3. Or maybe it's because I'm sleepy. Hm ... : /

So ... hm ... I couldn't sleep again ... after playing Dead Space for a while (O.o) I decided I could continue my little work but then I paused for a minute. I haven't decided the style of the map yet. All I knew was that I wanted to draw something so that the look could be reproduced easily for beginners. So I tried a semi-isometric style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Empyreum2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	24330
Note: I used cancerlads map symbols.

I let the forests two-dimensional and I like the outcome on the right side of the zoomed in image (near 'The Wall'-mountains) but then I changed my mind and tried something completely different instead. So this is what sleepy me got so far ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	empyreum3.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	24331

Still quite empty but I need some sleep first. Feedback is always welcome. : )

Antheon