Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
Overall I like it so far. One thing I would suggest however is to break up the forests/trees a bit. It is difficult to make out the individual trees within this dense mass. Also, your map seems to be dominated by the dark green mass. Breaking up the trees a bit would, I think, help to make for a more balanced looking map.
-Arsheesh
This is something I should indeed do. It will make more room as well for adding special places. Good point

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
Arsheesh and Natai hit on what I was going to say: forests and coastal rings. For the forests, well since this is a compressed image, the full-scale one might show more detail. Maybe try lightening the color a bit?
And I fully agree with Natai about the rings.
And repped for posting your first WIP!
The rings of the waves do contrast too much with the rest. I'll something about this, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Really nice map - I do think that it looks like the forest is as it should be but only "clashes" since the map is reduced in size, I can see the tiny holes in there Love the colors, or lack there of, it has a nice used look. I hit thee with my sword +2 of cool repping for your first map
There is a big difference between low resol and high resol versions, indeed. I believe/hope that breaking up the forest a bit will help that.

Thanks for the comments guys, it helps. And for the 1st WIP/ map, it makes me feeling not alone in the wild