Thread: Will be making some generic 4e maps soon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Thanks, Gidde!

I guess the main point the RPGNet boards are telling me is avoid creating a realistic medieval village, my real concern should be making map scenes that describe a 100 million dollar action movie set filled with exciting over-the-top terrain features and structural extravaganzas. 4e isn't about realism, its about terrains that make the battles more exciting.

GP
    Keep in mind that in most gaming forums (WotC, rpgnet, etc) the forum consensus does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the masses. Some groups may prefer over-the-top, 100 million dollar action movie sets. Don't take that to mean that all groups do. Varied terrain can make for more interesting battles but some groups will always prefer realistic settings above all else. Be sure to provide both types so everyone can enjoy your work.

I don't mean to say that "100 million dollar action movie sets" can not be realistic, just ensure to include pitfalls, cliffs... more dramatic settings within the parameters of what a given encounter requires - make room, allow for movement, place hazards and obstructions and include many exits, that's all.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations