Thread: Will be making some generic 4e maps soon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks, Tilt - I expect you as a member once its set up!

I'm also getting an RPGNow account setup so after I post the maps on my site, I will make them a free downloadable PDF product. Of course I would need one to sell other stuff in the future. So I'll posting two products a week. And downlo ads from RPGNow provide Email addresses of downloads for marketing efforts down the line. Of course the maps come with my ads, included, with a closeup partial map for a cover design.

Been looking at forum software, though I like VBulletin (CG's software) its too rich for me at this time, so I'm looking at Simple Machines Forum as a free one, one of the other sites I'm a member seems to work alright allowing image uploads. I don't know how SPAM protected it is or what security it offers, but most of its visible features are nice - and its PHP/MySQL based. (Remember, I'm an artist, not a coder, though I do build graphic rich sites and barely dabble in HTML, PHP, Java, I don't even know CSS, other than knowing what it is.)

I might need a wiki app, and I do like the CWBP wiki, so I need to look into that. Also a CMS system to swap out maps for automatic posting on respective days of the week - damn lot of work for a non-coder!

Anyway, the trials and tribulations of taking the next step.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-29-2010 at 02:24 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations