Thread: Will be making some generic 4e maps soon!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Now, I don't know the guys at RPGnet but I'm guesing that "throwing realism out the window" is more of a "provocation" than a real statement - there is no reason for a map to be unrealistic to be used for 4e ... its more about catering to the needs of 4e combat, ie having some elements that makes it more fun to fight. The two lasts fights we had in 4e was in a standard cave complex, and in a town square - so nothing really special there - could just as easily had been used for any other game system.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The vocal people at RPGNet do not represent the majority of gamers. They represent the vocal people at RPGNet.

That said, there's no reason you can't make dynamic and realistic maps. I think you need some "big budget movie" sets for climax sequences, but if everything is that way then eventually it just becomes the new average.