Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Article: Ascensions' Atlas style in Photoshop

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it's explained pretty well...click on Edit then choose fill, then scroll down to 50% gray, then set the blend mode of the layer to hard mix - voila, cow spots. Duplicate the ocean layer and then airbrush black or white (on this newly created ocean copy layer) to define the landmasses and oceans. If you still can't get it then post up a screenshot showing layer stack and map.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

thank you for the quick reply. i think that ill get it now. i have never used photoshop before and i was just looking through the different brushes thanks again

I have an assignment for a history class to make a map using a blank jpeg map of Italy. How would I insert the jpeg to use as a template with this method?

Le PDF marche pas !!!

C bon !

Guild Applicant

Thank you very much for the great tutorial!

I found Step 10-11 confusing, with the linking layers and merging them. The result I got wasn't nearly what was probably intended. When I defined the white land mass and black oceans, I tried following the instructions but my map got all distorted and smaller. I was able to do Steps 12-20, but after that I got so lost, as my results weren't matching the tutorial. Could you please post more screens of you showing step-by-step the process? Thanks.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Superbe tuto d'une déconcertante simplicité quand on maîtrise l'outil et le savoir-faire. Et merci pour la traduction.

I must thank you very much for your tutorial. It has aided the design of my game considerably. I used a much bigger image size (36" x 18", @ 300 px/in). How could you fully apply this tutorial for a sci-fi setting?

Really interesting tutorial!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast