Thread: Article: Ascensions' Atlas style in Photoshop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dacey View Post
    Would like to add to anyone who is having any technical issues with using the new Lighting Effects filter.
    1. You might have to set your document (on photoshop) to RGB from Greyscale. That can be done via the Image > Mode > menu.
    2. You might need to enable your GPU for the application. You can do this through Edit > Preferences > Performance menu. Inside you will have to check a box next to the "Use Graphic Processor" option. This might be unavailable if you are either

A. Using a MAC OS that is 64 Bit; In this case you have to run the program as a 32bit by changing it's preferences. (Not sure how, I use a windows OS)

or B. Have a GPU that is either unsupported by the adobe products or is not strong enough to enable the needed acceleration to use Lighting Effects filter.

Another issue I've gotten and addressed was the fact the handles were not showing. If you manage to get your Lighting Effects to work, but you can't see the handles they keep showing on many tutorial screenshots, the solution that helped me was to delete and reset my user profile. Do this by running your photoshop and then holding down Ctrl + Shift + Alt. It will prompt you on whether to reset your user preferences. Select YES.
    However! note that some people might have made changes to their workspace, created automation for certain workflows ETC, these will be deleted as far as I know when you reset your preferences.
    Last edited by Garmagr; 04-20-2013 at 05:35 PM.