Hi everyone here at cartographersguild.com,

My name is Dominic and I love creating my own maps. Ever since I was young I have drawn scenarios and maps for little made up stories and enjoyed fantasy worlds and lands.
I recently got interested in writing my own fantasy-like Novel and have come to realize that I should include a map.
I joined this site in search of people who are as into this kind of thing as I am.
I'm also quite talented with photoshop and just wanted to witness what other people have come up with in terms of map-making.
As for my Novel I'm creating a map for, I have already designed and drawn it on paper, named my places and territories and created landmarks.
However, my Novel is based mostly on machines and technology, rather than the cliche Human/elf/shadow lord battle scenario you'd find in The Lord of the Rings or World of Warcraft or something.
I'm just looking to see how I may make it look as fantasy-like as you would find in books such as The Lord of the Rings, or The Night Angel Trilogy (as they were my main source of inspiration for design).
So if anyone finds this interesting and/or would like to share ideas, let me know.
Thanks everyone.

Dom