Thread: Just something I whipped up today...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Most these small problems have to do with working at the scale I'm doing this which is 100% at 36 x 48. I should be working at a smaller scale so the bevels and other features are more appropriate. For instance, when I feather the edge of an object at huge scale the feather is very small. Whereas if I were working at 1/4 scale the feathering would go farther. If this were a commission I would do it that way, but again this was experiment in a design paradigm and I was just working quickly without bothering to "do it right." Perhaps I can tweak the map and reupload here - I just need to find the time. And the shadowing, same deal I didn't zoom in to notice that the shadow was off - I should have done that and would have caught the shadow discrepancy.

Good eyes, RobA!

GP

PS: if I were being smart about it, I would have done the vine between the gap as a 3D object, rather than a beveled shape, as in the case here. But I again, because I had to make it to Mother's Day dinner, so I lacked the time to do a proper job. It would have added an hour to the project - which I didn't have at the time.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-10-2010 at 11:38 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations