Thread: PBEM Campaign Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip PBEM Campaign Map

I'm working on another commission right now, this map will be for a Play by Email strategic campaign.

I'm taking a bit of a breather from the hand-drawn styles, and I forgot how much fun texturing a satellite styled map can be. The client has concerns about copyrights, so the fullview does have some watermarking embedded, plus it's posted at 50% of the working size. I have to say i've been thoroughly enjoying working on this map, and there's been a lot of positive working back and forth to get to this stage, it's nearly done now

I'm also posting a screenshot of a portion to show the detail at 100%. I *really* liked the zone borders when they were red, but some of the players are red-green colourblind, so i had to keep that into account when working on the overlays. If there are any colourblind members that view this map, I'd appreciate some feedback - to be honest, this is the first time I've needed to work with that specific condition in mind.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crop01.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	677.1 KB 
ID:	24618   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapBase02halfsize copy.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	621.0 KB 
ID:	24619  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."