Hello, everyone,

Well, I've lurked for about a week now, so it's high time I introduced myself before I show off one of my earlier maps and my current work in progress.

I'm John, a.k.a. Uncle Twitchy, and I've been gaming and making fantasy maps since, oh, 1978 when I discovered both D&D and The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I've been making gaming maps for my friends for years now ("No, Pete, you can't have a river flow out of a mountain valley, through a forest and into a neighboring desert only to stop there. It doesn't work that way." "It does if there's magic. Look, I need that to do that for a specific reason I can't tell you." "Okay, whatever.") as well as for myself.

Anyway, I'm one of those jack-of-all-trades master-of-none types... I dabble in map making, conlanging, world creation and so on and so forth, occasionally writing stories or running gaming campaigns set in those creations. I'm a graphic designer and prepress operator by trade and have access to and work regularly with the Adobe Creative Suite on Macs both here at work and at home. I have a Wacom Intuos tablet that I never use and should. I also write and record Beatles song pastiches and post them on iCompositions.com under the name Beatle128.

So that's me for now. Look for an example of one of my earlier maps and my current WIP elsewhere, and thanks for letting me play in your playground.