Thread: How long has PhotoShop CS5 been out?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I tried the trial version, and almost immediately determined it wouldn't be worth it for me to upgrade at this time. I'm using CS3 at the moment, and the GPU options won't work with my machine, so the only thing I could really make use of might be the content aware stuff (nifty) and the ability to adjust layer properties on multiple layers at once (also nifty) - but nifty is not enough of an incentive for me to justify the cost.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I just got the following response from Alien Skin support:
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Candy Rep
    Hi Mike,
    I would say upgrading to CS5 would be the best bet based on your setup. I have no idea if EC 6 will work under version 7 of Photoshop, but I doubt it. EC 4000 seems to work find under the 32-bit version of CS5 on my Win 7 machine. Hope this helps.
    I may be upgrading to CS5 after all!
    ________
    kr-1s
    Last edited by OldGuy; 02-09-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
    I just got the following response from Alien Skin support:
    Originally Posted by Eye Candy Rep
    Hi Mike,
    I would say upgrading to CS5 would be the best bet based on your setup. I have no idea if EC 6 will work under version 7 of Photoshop, but I doubt it. EC 4000 seems to work find under the 32-bit version of CS5 on my Win 7 machine. Hope this helps.
    I may be upgrading to CS5 after all!
    If you're using a 64 bit version of windows then using CS5 32 bit is really crippling yourself out of the gate...

Looking at upgrading ASAP myself. From what I hear it makes much better use of optimization and has some great masking toys that I want to play with. Unfortunately, it apparently also has a bit of learning curve and "why didn't they finish this feature?" to it. That's pretty much Adobe SOP though.