Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice World (Concept & WIP)

'Ice World" is just a stand in, right?
    My DA

Unless I state otherwise in a post, all of my work displayed on this forum is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Thanks for your input, people

I guess I didn't really put a lot of thought into those fluffy additions. First, the polar bears did look kinda forced into it, the bears would have to look a bit more ferocious or at least have a different posture for it to work. They are gone. I've added a mountain, but I'm unsure about that too. It looks kinda tame now, but I'll try to make it more detailed with a darker background. Oh, btw, the aurora is a bit misplaced too. So close to equator there would not be northern/southern lights anyway :p

Small update, just made the text a bit more easier to read (albeit a bit uglier), and added the fiery island. The red is supposed to be red minerals from the volcano. Dunno how realistic it is, but I just wanted to make it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ice_world___thule_by_njordys-d360jjl.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	32084  

I agree with the above two on the subject of the fluff - but I have a question pertaining to the naming. Why did you use 'Mountains of Beothuk'? Maybe its just me, but it seems kinda strange to use the name of a tribe of native people from Earth - who are now extinct - so unaltered on a map that... doesn't really have anything to do with them. I mean, Newfoundland's cold but its not *this* cold. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Meridok View Post
    I agree with the above two on the subject of the fluff - but I have a question pertaining to the naming. Why did you use 'Mountains of Beothuk'? Maybe its just me, but it seems kinda strange to use the name of a tribe of native people from Earth - who are now extinct - so unaltered on a map that... doesn't really have anything to do with them. I mean, Newfoundland's cold but its not *this* cold. ;P
    Haha, yeah, well, I admit it, I just thought the name sounded cool. I don't even know if there are mountains on Newfoundland. :p

I could probably have found some Inuit names to mooch of

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12