Thread: Tel'lar (a "Median" world)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    This is turning out quite nicely. The colors take a bit of getting used to, but once you get past that it's all good.
    Is there anything you might suggest to help relieve that, or something which struck you as particularly difficult? I'm trying to strike a single-glance "oh, this is clearly an alien world" without having to push through something more unsettling. I think I've been staring at it a little too long to really take the colours subjectively.
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

In response to your latest post. IMHO the saturation and contrast levels are very "full on". You have 3 extremely bright bands across the map, which some will find jarring to the eye. At the moment they just look to me like the result of a computery effect, rather than an attempt at representing an otherworldly phenomenon. I realise that the white bands at top and bottom may be icy poles but the band lines still seem to me to intense and uniform.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..