Thread: Maps from my "Pre" Guild Days

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

You are right when you say that these maps have a special value, even a sentimental one. Those were your first approaches to mapping as you wrote, so you have put a lot of emotion into it and thought about it. Perhaps you have used them for roleplaying a long time. This style leaves enough space for imagination, more than any cool map made in PS or Gimp.
    So, who cares about your map faults in the past? You have learned and this is what this place is for (and get even more addicted).

Redrobes, the fourth picture reminds me of Skara Brae from the Bard's Tale and the good old days. Great!
    Last edited by Katto; 05-14-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Katto, yeah we used those maps for the first couple years or so of the campaign, then my world went through it's first major revision, which included geographical alterations. At that point the maps went into retirement. But like you said, lots of great memories and emotions are wrapped up in those early maps.

Redrobes, hey those are great! I like the 4-piece Kiroth hex map allot, reminds me of the somewhat Mediterranean culture I was going for with the Logathrian Sea in my early Eriond map. Thanks for posting. It be cool if this became a thread to show off our early "velveteen-rabbit" maps.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh