Thread: Mountain Village Perspective Map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

OK, decided to try something new and switch to Illustrator. I pretty much suck at vector art, but I discovered a few watercolor brushes in Illustrator that worked really well for what I want. My goal is to have the background be similar to the traditional Korean mountain perspective paintings. I'll see if I can find some reference images later to show you all what I mean.

Let me know what you think. Does this look better than the original rough sketch done in Photoshop? I'm still in the initial stages here, so I'm open to making drastic changes. Oh, and I know the hills in the foreground are too dark, but it's late now, so I figured I'd post what I've done so far for a little feedback.

One more question: How would I go about getting this thread changed to the regional/world mapping forum? I'm going to change my direction, had an idea about how I can tie this into another map I wanna do. There's still gonna be a village, but it's going to be portrayed as a small slice of a region.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oriental-Mountains.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	24896