Love the map! Have some rep!

Oddly enough, I suppose, the thing I really love about this is the coastal shallows and water textures. I really dig how they are not just 50px bigger than the coasts, but that they vary and shift. That's a really nice detail, along with the coloring and texturing.

And plus, the scale of the entire project is something I appreciate as it's similar to the level of work I want to attempt for my own fiction setting.

For me, I'm making one large poster (the SLUG Map thread), but took the heightmap and put it on a more stark blue and beige map for my more intensive worldbuilding efforts (trade, mapping cultures throughout history, travel times, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Dain View Post
Thanks for theses details, much appreciated.
It seems that working with very high resolutions leads to very high quality mqp. But 30k X 25K is way over what my computer can deal with. Does your computer slow down working with that resol?
I work at pretty high resolutions myself, and to avoid the PC going slow as molasses, I break up my map into about a dozen different files (land shapes, heightmask, textures/colors, borders, etc). Granted, loading and saving some of the bigger files, namely the land textures and the borders, still take forever, but working at such large sizes in a single master files would just be suicide.