Thread: Castle Ruins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    but in mapping your minor elements shouldn't steal the attention from the main ones
    That is definitely a valid opinion, and looking at your graphic design work I can see that you do know a thing or two about composition. I have to say, however, that I still prefer the way I have drawn it here. The tree symbols were intended to "stand out" from the plan, and they do it nicely

My train of thought for the way the trees are being represented here is that at this level of the plan the trees pass through the cutting plane. On the next map of the uppermost floors the trees will be drawn artistically as viewed from above, using a thinner line.
    Last edited by psyekl; 05-20-2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: elaboration of purpose
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psyekl View Post
    That is definitely a valid opinion, and looking at your graphic design work I can see that you do know a thing or two about composition. I have to say, however, that I still prefer the way I have drawn it here. The tree symbols were intended to "stand out" from the plan, and they do it nicely

My train of thought for the way the trees are being represented here is that at this level of the plan the trees pass through the cutting plane. On the next map of the uppermost floors the trees will be drawn artistically as viewed from above, using a thinner line.
    Thank you ... and in the end, what ever you like will be right for your map - its as simple as that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise