Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I Found an L-System Generator!

I am working on simple city generator where I automatically generate 3D building from 2D floor plan ! but now I need to get a street netwrok done and I don't have much time

Hi
    I have checked your l-system but It does not compile right in visual C++ E E ! I get some the error of missing header file
    fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
    I don't have MFC and I think this is what causing me this error

Blog Entries

What you need I believe is a Platform SDK from microsoft which I know (at least some of them) are free downloads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Windows_SDK

That should include all the MFC and .NET stuff.

Another option (which I would not myself recommend but I say it anyway...) is that there are some GNU versions of it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ofc/
    Last edited by Redrobes; 08-29-2010 at 08:06 PM.

Thank you I will check it out

Would someone PLEASE write an L -System generator to generate watershed river/ridge networks..! It's the one tool that's missing that could provide a way of getting predictable flow and sensible flow patterns. There's no way we're EVER gonna get controlled terrain close to r-w terrain if we don't have something like this. The patterns of drainage are what makes a terrain look real. The more I do terrain modelling, the more I want to build via watersheds- at least at the design stage, then let procedural erosion take over. Building terrain with noise functions is pretty poo.

monks

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    Would someone PLEASE write an L -System generator to generate watershed river/ridge networks..! It's the one tool that's missing that could provide a way of getting predictable flow and sensible flow patterns. There's no way we're EVER gonna get controlled terrain close to r-w terrain if we don't have something like this. The patterns of drainage are what makes a terrain look real. The more I do terrain modelling, the more I want to build via watersheds- at least at the design stage, then let procedural erosion take over. Building terrain with noise functions is pretty poo.
    I think that what you really want is for someone to develop a system that will add details to an existing skeletal river network rather than just generating an environmentally-aware stochastic L-system generator. A big problem with simple generators is that the configuration of river networks varies depending on the underlying geology; the river network for a nearly-flat plain is rather different than that descending from a folded mountain chain, for example. I have a suspicion that what you'd like is to be able to specify terrain domains and a basic drainage skeleton from which system would fill in the details. We all would like that, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by monks View Post
    Building terrain with noise functions is pretty poo.
    Early papers that talk about terrain and noise functions are often titled things like "random fractal forgeries". Isotropic noise functions (or even basic post-processed ones) are mostly lacking in the basic characteristics of actual terrain, which is the drainage network and its dual, the ridge network. These noise functions tend to have basins at every level, which very quickly get filled in as part of water flowing over the terrain. They're acceptable at first glance, but that's it.
    Last edited by waldronate; 04-06-2011 at 01:58 AM.

Post Slt ,comment ca va

Quote Originally Posted by nour View Post
    thank you so much for quick reply i will check that link
    Yes I need to generate them and I am interested in using L-system and maya
    ?

Hi, i not speak well english,please i want the logiciel L-studio because i need it very queeqly please(I speak french)

Hi SarahB, I only found the link...I'm afraid. I hope that when you make an L-system generator which is really good, you will post your code here for all to use!

Welcome to the guild by the way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast