Thread: -»Rhothar«- .:The World:.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

20) Chotarin (The Warm Lands)

21) Hutarin (The Central Lands)

22) Vana Lithotar (Northern Stormland (Lithotar))

23) Solagarin (The Sand Sea)

24) Mana Solatarin (The Southern Sand Fields)

25) Lithomarin (The Storm Isles)

-»Tectonic Map

Key:
    Red Lines = Fault Lines (The less straight the lines, the more frequent and large the earthquakes in that area)
    Red Dots = Volcanoes
    Large Red Dots = Super Volcanoes
    Black Arrows = Plate Movement

-»Ocean Currents

Key:
    Red Arrows = Warm Currents
    Blue Arrows = Cold Currents

-»Outremar

In the distant past, the microcontinent of Outremar was a gigantic shield volcano that gently sloped downward into the Chogar, Shingar and Elegar Oceans. The volcano had been dormant long before men found their way to Outremar as it‘s magma filled interior drained and hollowed out. In more recent antiquity however, a terrible earthquake shook the great volcano to it’s core. The earthquake caused much of the inland region of the Outremar volcano to collapse and fall into the deep hollow center, forming a huge caldera. The earthquake tore chasms and valleys through the continent all the way to the oceans, allowing a great flood of seawater to pour into the caldera, creating the atoll of Hunar as we know it today, this is why the shoreline of the sea in the middle of the atoll, the Basthis Sea, is made up of jagged, sheer cliff faces while the outer shore is gentle and mostly consists of sandy beaches.

Outremar’s climate is quite warm. Moist ocean winds blow from the east, drenching the eastern slopes of Outremar in drain and coating it with jungle, and in the case of the great eastern cape and the cape islands, a forest of giant, bioluminescent mushrooms and other fungi. On the northern and southern slopes of the great atoll of Outremar, the rainforest makes way for verdant grassland, nicked with ravines and chasms and studded with small stands of palm trees and other jungle-esque growth. To the west, the grasslands become dry savannah grasslands, as the moist winds from the west are depleted of water. On the far western slopes, the deserts and dune ergs can be found, where the coastal sand mixes with black sand from volcanic rock to form a distinct grayish sand.

-»Language

Place Names:
    'ar = Place - The starting letter indicates what the place is (lake/river/mountain/island/etc.)
    Thar = World (Eg. "Rhothar" = "The World")
    Tar = Continent (Eg. "Enaetar" = "Clouded Land (continent)")
    Tarin = Area of land - field/plain/platuae (Eg. "Hitarin" = "Golden Fields")
    Mar = Island / Isolated group of islands (not a chain) (Eg. "Thangmar" = "Ice/Frozen Island")
    Marin = Islands (spread group or chain) (Eg. "Lithomarin" = "Stom(y) Isles")
    Gar = Ocean (Eg. "Elegar" = "Calm Waters (ocean)")
    Garin = Sea (Eg. "Nerzugarin" = "Black Sea")
    Nar = Bay/Atol (Eg. "Chonar" = "Warm Bay")

Directions:
    Vana = North
    Zeal = East
    Mana = South
    Ore = West
    Haveh = Up
    Zen = Down
    Nal = Left
    Ban = Right

Colours:
    Blure = Red
    Jayta = Maroon
    Vandor = Purple
    Croma = Indigo
    Zam = Blue
    Zamgaro = Sea Green
    Garo = Green
    Keel = Chartreuse
    Yan = Yellow
    Bara = Blaze Yellow
    Ion = Orange
    Liso = Magenta
    Jayra = Brown
    Hita = Gold
    Suhnbrar = Silver (metalic gray)
    Suhn = Prefix for "metalic"
    Nerzu = Black / Prefix for "dark"
    Brar = Gray / Prefix for "dull"
    Seo = White / Prefix for "light"

NOW! What I need/would like help with:

-I need help with maps (detailed versions of each continent and a possible better world map)
    -I need help with the descriptions of some of the places on Rhothar, including oceans
    -I'd like to know how to make a 3D planet representation of the map with Google Earth (I've seen people do it, I just can't figure out how to do it myslef... =/)
    -I need to think up a story line for the world
    -I need you to have fun with this!! ^^
    Last edited by Rhotherian; 05-22-2010 at 10:53 AM.