Thread: Shamelessly Mimic LonewandererD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SereneParadox View Post
    I've got Photoshop (CS4), enthusiasm, a work ethic and some time on my hands and I'd like to accomplish something this great.
    Well you have got the bits that most people don't have. You can make a map like this but it does take some practice and having some inner artistry helps. That last bit is the one I lack however.

The map thread you have linked to links to the original thread where he talks about it a little but in there he does say its mainly Ascensions tut so maybe that is the place to start looking.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Well you have got the bits that most people don't have. You can make a map like this but it does take some practice and having some inner artistry helps. That last bit is the one I lack however.

The map thread you have linked to links to the original thread where he talks about it a little but in there he does say its mainly Ascensions tut so maybe that is the place to start looking.
    I have actually done Ascension's tut up to the lines-layer, twice or three times. I like the style but for some reason my mountains and hills don't stand out enough for me. I've probably made some mistake somewhere (I'd upload but I'm away from home).

I recently ran into this and this.

So blown away. I like those two because their so clear, authentic and practical. So basically, as I see it theirs two main styles of awesomeness. The Ascension style and the Authentic style and I love them both. Must learn.
    Last edited by SereneParadox; 05-21-2010 at 04:33 PM.