Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Maps for HS1 The Slaying Stone

Guild Journeyer

Even with one eye only Wonko, I can assure you that your cartography is a wonderful job and much better than what I could accomplish with both of mine

Guild Member Facebook Connected Kolyana's Avatar

Ah CC3 - nice, nice; I use PF software myself, too. Have you looked at their diorama packs?

And with the tiles, I'm curious, how are you printing them out (size, stock, borderless or trimming down) and does the white background detract from the overall result - or are you cutting everything to the SHAPE of the corridors and rooms?

What I usually do is use PosteRazor to slice the map up into 8 1/2 x 11 pieces as a .pdf, smuggle them into work on a thumb drive, and then print them off. I tape all of the pieces together and then when playing, I cover undiscovered portions of the map with black construction paper, removing them as needed.

Hah, what I do is open the files in Photoshop and send them full scale to my Canon IP8100 42 inch wide inkjet printer and print the maps at full scale, and if I am in the mood, then I also laminate them at full scale. I don't want to play with a taped together map monstrosity - I want one whole map. I've even printed a map at 42" x 10 feet long for one campaign battle.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Hah, what I do is open the files in Photoshop and send them full scale to my Canon IP8100 42 inch wide inkjet printer and print the maps at full scale, and if I am in the mood, then I also laminate them at full scale. I don't want to play with a taped together map monstrosity - I want one whole map. I've even printed a map at 42" x 10 feet long for one campaign battle.

GP
    Yeah well, when I figure out what I can do with my workplace tools of the trade I'll get back to ya and then you'll be sorry you bragged,
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Well, at my workplace, I am the boss, so I won't get in trouble using 'company equipment'... also as a digital printer part of larger network of printers, I can get discounted prices for most any kind of printing, that which I can't handle myself. Not that anyone else couldn't do this, I work with many for printer only companies - they offer a lower price, so I can still resell them to a customer for a profit, but they only do services with other digital printers rather than working with direct customers like I do. Its not bragging... but a statement of fact...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Well I'm the boss at mine as well but all I could really do with a map is waterlog it like I do my cell phones quite often, LOL. So when I said 'bragging' it was teasingly meant. Not that I'm not jealous of your fantastic printing equipment. I just have the printers of common men, hehe.

PosteRazor works pretty well though, if you don't have access or money to get it printed out in large format.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I know, just teasing you back! I use Poster Razor too, but for map publications for others to print as PDF products. But why limit my own maps for my games, I got the printers...

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Holy Snikeys batman! i've been looking for these a while now these are just what I need THANK YOU.

Really great work Wonko, thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast