Thread: Long

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice map, few critiques:

Some of your 'dots' for cities lie beneath the roads, can you put them above the roads?

City Names, when I place them in my maps I try my utmost to not have them placed over other map features, in this case the roads or coast. It breaks it up on the eyes, and would look cleaner otherwise.

Otherwise, good map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Nice map, few critiques:

Some of your 'dots' for cities lie beneath the roads, can you put them above the roads?

City Names, when I place them in my maps I try my utmost to not have them placed over other map features, in this case the roads or coast. It breaks it up on the eyes, and would look cleaner otherwise.

Otherwise, good map.
    Good advise. This map, unfortunately, is from a game that I am no longer running. I will take those points into account with my maps for the three games that I am still working on. I'm trying to get away from using dots as a whole for cities anymore, which should solve the road problem. I want to try and make the cities look more like cities.

My scale was way out of wack on this map as well. I am learning to keep things in a much smaller scale and build around them. Yet still, my temple that I'm working on spans three football fields....Yeesh