Thread: Where babies come from

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So will each prayer result in a child or does the God have some guidelines and decide who can have a child? What if a couple is very devout, but infertile? Would the God still have the option to "grant" them a child? If it's a true God the answer would be yes I guess. It might be more interesting though for the setting to have something like infertility. In a society like this having no children as a couple would be a huge social stigma I think, as it could be interpreted that the couple is not devout enough. This opens the door to all kinds of stuff to spice up the setting. Think intolerance and jealousy.

Like the others I think there would probably be a lot of healthy sex going on There would probably still be many rules governing it though. Even in ancient Rome there were a lot of rules concerning sex. Certainly not everything was acceptable.

Knowing you have been granted life by a God would certainly make for a devout people. The society might be fully organised around the religion. There will probably still be non-believers though, unless there are other, more visible miracles.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandwarf View Post
    So will each prayer result in a child or does the God have some guidelines and decide who can have a child? What if a couple is very devout, but infertile? Would the God still have the option to "grant" them a child? If it's a true God the answer would be yes I guess. It might be more interesting though for the setting to have something like infertility. In a society like this having no children as a couple would be a huge social stigma I think, as it could be interpreted that the couple is not devout enough. This opens the door to all kinds of stuff to spice up the setting. Think intolerance and jealousy.
    I was under the impression that everyone was infertile until the God said/granted otherwise. My concern, and this was already "touched on" by tilt, would be the case of STD's/STI's/ Whatever they're calling them these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
    I was under the impression that everyone was infertile until the God said/granted otherwise. My concern, and this was already "touched on" by tilt, would be the case of STD's/STI's/ Whatever they're calling them these days.
    Yeah, I understand what you say.
    I was thinking more like this: most women are biologically capable of getting with child, but the God needs to kickstart it with a spark of life or something. If a man or woman is biologically incapable of having babies (infertile), maybe not even the God can help with that? But as I said, if it's true God he/she could even fix infertility. Making my point mute
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...