Sort of along the idea that Ravells had - I think it would depend on how the "god's" viewed it and the relationship the people had with them. If sex did not matter then yes, it would probably be an orgy filled society. However, if it meant something to the god's then it might be frowned upon and thus only done after prayer and with the purpose to conceive a child. There might well be heavy penalties for individuals who indulged in recreational sex. They might even develop a reputation and end up an outcast which would create anther culture for your world.

This might not be all that far from our own world either. Some feel that sexual relations are meant only for marriage. This was common for a long time. Remember "The Scarlet Letter"? It used to be that sex outside of marriage was taboo, big time! Today that's not the case.

[This next part is not a sermon - it's just some conjecture on what our own society might be like if certain things are true and other things took place]
This got me wondering what a perfect person might be able to control within their own bodies. If you believe in creation as the Bible describes it then you would also believe that when Adam & Eve lost paradise and were thrown out of Eden they likewise became imperfect. The only other perfect person according to the Bible was Jesus. Now, he walked on water and all sorts of things but some of that was power beyond what a typical human would have but still, bottom line, we don't really know how much a perfect person can do. It may well be that if we were perfect we could control conception...well, at least I guess the woman could.

That would make another interesting twist if the women determined whether or not conception took place. Then they would control who's line continued and who's died out. Of course, finding a willing partner probably would not be that difficult, especially if there was a big enough bribe involved. It would put an end to unwanted pregnancies.

Also, sex worship is a part of Man's history so if you dig a little you can read about how those societies were.

Alternatively it could be that sex isn't that big of a deal. It really is overblown in our world today. So it depends on how much you want that to be a part of the world you are creating.