View Poll Results: A single vote this month.

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mordenkainen's Force Disc - by Aval Penworth

5 15.15%
  • Doomsday Room - by Djekspek

5 15.15%
  • Avatar Inflitrator Module - by Gamerprinter

9 27.27%
  • Inn of the Western Sands - Gidde

11 33.33%
  • Lightning Cage - Ilvarin

1 3.03%
  • Pixie Trap - ravells

2 6.06%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** May 2010 Challenge Voting - Filling a gap in time and space ***

I'm not a Sci-Fi gaming fan either, though I use to be as well. The map I made was constrained enough with ship style symmetry that I could finish it. I prefer hand-drawn stuff, its just the challenge got me to think how few "sci-fi" maps we have, so I'd give it try. Also knowing its not as popular as fantasy mapping, I knew it would be an uphill challenge - so I was in it to do a challenge on myself working with a genre I'm less familiar.

I liked all the maps: nice concept AP, Djekspek you should done just a bit more, Ilvarin (welcome to the Guild) that's almost a map, Ravs - you need a vacation. I voted for Gidde, because more of the style of map I usually make. Need to spread some REP with my +12 Katana of Epic Repping!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

*looks with envy on GP's katana*... hmmm, well, still got my sword of cool repping +2
    My vote goes to Aval, I love the idea although as I mentioned in his thread if people like me was trapped on the disc it would start to be crowede, cause I aint solving that pattern *lol*
    Really liked Djespeks idead but it is a diamond in the very rough
    GP's sci-fi map was very well done, but didn't really rock my boat - I guess I'm more a fantasy guy
    Gidde had me humming Hotel California the last two weeks and I love the idea and map
    Ilvarin had a fun idea too, but I would have liked some more details in the "map"
    And I'm not sure Ravs need a vacation - I'd like to see more weird maps *lol*

great job everybody
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I had a lot of fun with the maze aspect of Gidde's map, and it got my vote. Interesting ideas by everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Wow. This month went so fast I didn;t get a chance for my entry.... Inside the genie's bottle.

It was going to be a kitschy little thing consisting of a round room full of Arabian carpets and pillows with a hookah or two and some plates of fruit thrown in for good measure.

-Rob A>
    Wow, scary - that was my idea as well. I even had a rough and horrid sketch of it in my sketchpad but never got around to getting any farther.

I liked Dj's idea best but that may because of the ideas that followed it, especially Gamerprinters.
    The force disk idea is cool and it sure seems lonely on that thing..a bit disconcerting having no walls and all the outer space around you.
    GP's was all pro and very clean. My only thing with it is that it seems like a room you would want to be in instead of a trap. That's probably just my take on it though.
    Giddie's hotel turned out very nice and had me humming the song as well.
    Lightning cage looks good and was close to an idea I had of a ship in a bottle but it's lacking a bit of mappiness, imo.
    Ravel's was as he mentioned having a bit of fun and while it causes laughs it's not really far from the idea.

In the end I wish I had gotten the lead out and entered myself.
    I cast my vote for DJ's Doomsday room even though it's not completed because I think the idea is just great.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Every time someone new wins the monthly challenge, I feel like legacy of the Cartographer's Guild has deepened just a little. Congratulations Gidde! Your entry was excellently done and I'm very pleased that you won. Way to go!!!
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Blog Entries

Oh well done Gidde - ill go fetch you a medal !

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

congrats Gidde on a great map - with a lovely tune
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, got stuck doing day shifts at work and writing my CCNA exam (I passed YAY!), that i was gonna make a small planetoid based extradimentsional space, based on the Icosahedron polygon for the shape. Sadly....time ran out for me
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Someone assisted me by moving last month's threads to the archive earlier on Saturday, but the intent was not to move this one. We want Giddle to enjoy the accolades for a few days at least before putting this post in the history books.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Grats Giddie, well earned! I agree with Immolate. There are some awesome artists here that put up fantastic works each time but every time another person wins one of these it just shows how strong the competition is. Also, I think it encourages more people to enter because it shows it is not impossible to win.

Bask in the glory of it all Giddie for another challenge looms on the horizon.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast