Thread: Emarion Star System(s)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did I fail to mention the fact that Emaria is in no way connected to our own universe? Green stars, interstellar travel, much smaller planets and moons; all are made possible when you stop trying to pretend that the universe you're creating has anything to do with our own. Sirius is named as such after the real star, but it by no means meant to emulate it in any other way. If either of the stars are blue giants, I was not even aware.

Another thing of note: in Emaria, light doesn't travel. Light just is. You look up at the sky at night and any stars you see are showing as they are in the universe at that very moment.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't like the usual "this dot is the sun and this smaller dot is a planet"-type maps that usually go with Sci-Fi RPGs. I was hoping to achieve a Mass-Effecty feeling with this map, yet also let it be something that works in a static image.

Question: If I have an update to make to the map later tonight, is it customary on this forum to make a new post in the thread, bumping it to the top, or just silently edit the first post?
    Last edited by Eathanu; 06-02-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    Emaria Universe Map - V6 here, old version here
    Emaria Star Maps - here
    Emaira Star Map Tutorial - here