Thread: Pretoria - WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pixel dimensions is around 4000 x 4000...I've never been able upload anything larger. In terms of file size it's 4.7 megabytes for a jpg. So what I do is make a 4000 x 4000 image and then use the "reduced quality" slider in photoshop jpg saves...11 or 10 usually fits. Discounting the mountains, I think it looks great so far.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Pixel dimensions is around 4000 x 4000...I've never been able upload anything larger. In terms of file size it's 4.7 megabytes for a jpg. So what I do is make a 4000 x 4000 image and then use the "reduced quality" slider in photoshop jpg saves...11 or 10 usually fits. Discounting the mountains, I think it looks great so far.
    Got a 3.8 mb version up. It was the 10 on the slider, 11 put me over. Thanks for the advice
    Last edited by SereneParadox; 05-28-2010 at 12:04 AM.