Thread: Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sorry, Tilt, I don't mean to do Edition war, just being cute -no offense. You know I have respect for that game (4e). I wouldn't have participated in this thread, just responding to Juggie's input. We are all friendly here, in general - so don't take it too seriously.

Also consider though the majority of members are also RPGers, many are not, some are just fantasy authors, some are Cartography hobbyists. I really don't think the CG is an ideal place to discuss RPGs and editions - its best to remain system neutral, unless you're specifically discussing maps for a given game. As a general RPG site, I don't think that's what the Guild is all about.

Too bad though, everywhere else its still a big flame war - even two years later, so its not even worthy discussing except at a 4e pro site, like Wizards or RPGNet. I found that its difficult to respond to a question about 3e/OGL/Pathfinder on RPGNet, I have to tread softly in any such discussion.

GP

PS: also, nothing against the game, but I have an ongoing simmer of disgust over the GSL, DDi, and WotC tactics, especially in doing lip service to 3pp's and not truly supporting them. I know they don't have to, as its their IP, but since the OGL was so great, leaving that license to something more restrictive leaves a bad taste for me. I have nothing against the game system, its the owners that bother me and I can't see a thread about 4e without having that jump out of the back of my mind. Again, I apologize if you feel disconcerted - I have all the respect in the world for you, though.

PPS: also regarding Pathfinder, to me its D&D, yes I know not owned by WotC, so its the other guy. But when comparing editions, I think it has to be included, as its more like the D&D I know, than 4e, which to me is barely D&D.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-10-2010 at 02:41 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations