Quote Originally Posted by whtknt View Post
I think that the fact that we can discuss it civilly is a sign that it should, in fact, be discussed. But as this is a mapping forum...

When my group transitioned to 4E, with the focus on tactics, we began looking at VTTs. MapTool is the one that we have settled on, and forums such as the Cartographer's Guild have been a tremendous aid. Even as far back as 3E, I was a fan of Ed Bourelle's e-Adventure Tiles system (and have several of them), and it makes me glad to see that finally some companies are recognizing that a digital gaming community exists (Rite Publishing, for example).

One major irritation is Paizo refusing to offer their Gamemastery Map Packs as PDFs. They have explained themselves, and the explanation makes sense (cost versus saleability), but that doesn't do much for those of us who would purchase them if they were available.
I am currently working on a website where I plan to offer two free maps per week, that correspond to a map tile product of mine called Endless Terrain Battlemaps - I think is a great improvement over Game Mastery Maps. The free maps are PDFs, but the map tiles are printed and laminated hard products. I am struggling with the site, but should get it up before too long.

GP