Thread: Who plays Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition in here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No need to apologize, I didn't think you was trying to do that - I was just trying to end the 4e god/bad discussion there - and I do believe the posts were entertaining, but off topic
    and I'm also amazed at the flamewars going on and on... get over it! *lol* ... its not like there is no books to play 3.5 with if you don't like 4e ... and if 3.5'ers want more - they should look at pathfinder which is (I believe) still evolving
    I haven't read the GSL but if its very restrictive I understand your sentiment - especially with all the good intentions in the OGL. The only thing bothering me is that the online part of 4e (that was announced 2 years ago) haven't shown up ... that being said, the character generator rocks and so does the monster generator - both cool applications, but I would like a cool online gaming system as well

And back to mapping - the only maps where I actually think of gamesystem are battle maps - cause that's the only place where you can cater a bit to your audience.. .but then again - I'm mostly about just making cool maps and I'm not adding stuff just to make it more 4e - people can take it or leave it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

My problem with the DDi is not in the tools themselves, but Goodman Games and several other 3pp have made support material for 4e, yet WotC won't allow that material into the DDi to share with the 4e community - its not Core, its not WotC, so it can't go into the system. And since the DDi is such a well used resource by that audience, and many 4e gamers don't frequent EnWorld and the other sites, when they go online they use the DDi and not a moment consider 3pp offers to expand their game. This policy makes losers out of all 3pp's wanting to support the system - which is just exclusionism (if that's a word). I think its bad policy. If those customers would only look beyond the DDi they would see how much the small publisher wants to help them out, but they won't even see it. That's my case against the DDi, otherwise its a good idea.

And for the sake of your thread - end threadjack!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations