Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xara - Printing

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Here's a Battletech map I've done in Xara, posted in the forum... I don't play much, hadn't in years anyway, played this map and none since.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...attletech+maps

GP
    Nice map, though I would personally go for a more functional one ;-) No offense intended at all. It really *is* beautifull but as a wargamer versus rpg gamer I prefer increased contrast and functionality over pure art. This map is obviously intended for a tactical battletech game. I'm working on some maps at Battleforce and Planetary level as part of an integrated campaign. You operate battalions at planetary level, go down to lance level at battleforce level and, if you wish, may resolve part of battleforce level encounters at battletech level. I've been making up some rules for this kind of stuff as the battleforce rules are only half successfull at this kind of multi level gaming that my group enjoy.

BTW, I e-mailed you for some price information over map printing. Did your receive it ? I've had some difficulties to wade through your website, I'm rather terrible with this kind of thing :-o

I have Xara Xtreme 4. I don't seem to be able to export to pdf in spite of the manual telling me it should be possible. When I go to export, then "saves as" the PDF fomat is not in the rather long list. What could be the problem ?

It should be in the list when you choose the export option (Shift+Ctrl+E). I haven't got version 4 installed here, but in version 2 it's the 7th one, in version 3.2 it's the 9th one, in version 5 (pro) it's the 10th, and in version 6 (pro) it's the 9th again.

Xara X1 (which is more or less prehistoric) didn't have pdf export.

If you really can't find the pdf option, I'd try reinstalling Xtreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Karoly View Post
    I have Xara Xtreme 4. I don't seem to be able to export to pdf in spite of the manual telling me it should be possible. When I go to export, then "saves as" the PDF fomat is not in the rather long list. What could be the problem ?
    It should be near the top of the long list after HTML and before PSD, but below the obvious graphics formats at the very top.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12