Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Dal Lands

I know I sound like a broken record but I'm starting this map over again. I went way too big with this as a result I completely abandoned the back story for the Dal Lands, and without the story I have no world. I need to make a lot smaller for starters, I'm aiming for a place where cities aren't really cities but rather just large towns and a place where villages and castles in the wilderness can actually account for alot more than they do now and where the wilderness actually feels uninhabited.

I'm also going back to the style I made in the Dominion of Sorres, I should have stuck with that instead of jumping into a new style. Sorry for the waste of time and thanks to all you contributed to the map up to this point .

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

really good - nice marches too .. and good to get some color on this
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Okay, the map has had a complete overhaul. The land is now completely different and is much smaller compared to the other map. Instead of the 50 or so cities I had before I have 9 cities MAXIMUM and that means the number of clans is therefore reduced to nine form thirteen.

I've doen the land base, water, colour variation, mountains and elevations and rivers. Next up is going to be detailing areas of marshlands and plains and then forests.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands WIP.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	26319  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

good start and starting over will make sure you keep your insanity
    ... nice mountains. Your rivers all stop before hitting lakes and sea but I guess that'll be fixed later on
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Still got some fiddling to do but I've painted in the forests, marshes and grasslands. The purple dots represent where the 8 main cities will go. I'm going to sgrink the map down a bit to reduce it's size so I can have a higher res pic. Right now its 10 pixels = 1 mile, I'm going to shrink it to 8 pixels = 1 mile, a decrease of 20%.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the actual map with the post

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands WIP.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	4.52 MB 
ID:	26355  
    Last edited by LonewandererD; 06-28-2010 at 08:07 AM.

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234