Thread: Harabar - Kingdoms of the North

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I did not do the map, but I do know:

The map was done in CC3, the other stuff is post production work he does in Likely Photoshop, but the map is 100% nothing but CC3.
    Actually U are almost correct. I used to post edit all my maps in Photoshop, but since CC3 supports easy import of PNG graphics, I have got used to do the editing in CC3 as well. You are correct about, that the (inside) map is entirely CC3 work and content. The other stuff is done in CC3 (at least placed in CC3). The knotwork is a graphic available as free content on a website, and I simply placed it and resized it in CC3 (as I could do in PS). The same goes for the parchment (although I created that myself in PS) and the Mapventures logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Very pretty! I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind sharing your secrets.

First, the Celtic knotwork looks shiny and not 2d at all. How did you accomplish the shading so that the lines actually look cylindrical?

And the gradient behind the knotwork--I haven't yet figured out how to achieve a gradient fill in CC3.

Finally, where does the white in your water come from? It isn't a simple coastline glow, because it does not follow the coasts uniformly. I think I could come up with a way to emulate it, but I'd like to hear what your approach was.

Thanks for sharing!
    There is no pre-defined "gradient" sheet effect in CC3, but I guess it would be possible to create a similar effect with the outer glow on a semi-transparent sheet.

I am not at my CC3 machine at the moment, so I can´t recall the settings for the coastlines, but Ill post them later.
    Last edited by Ilwan; 10-30-2007 at 05:33 AM.