Thread: Unnamed Campaign setting map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Biggest Points:

1) Do you like the "Sat Style" Quasi-Photo maps? If YES, go to this tutorial: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...gional-RPG-Map

2) Do you like the Tolkein-esque Pen'n'Ink type maps? If YES,
    Go to this tutorial by Gidde http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ly-Challenged)
    OR
    Go to this tutorial by Ascension http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...s-in-Photoshop

Or go to all three. Other guys to keep a good eye out for on the "Antique Maps" front are: Gamerprinter, Ravells & Ramah.

If you are having issues turning a PhotoShop Tutorial into a GIMP Image, ask RobA (Seriously he should be at least St Rob of GIMP, but I'd lobby for his ascenting to godhood in GIMP. If it can be done in GIMP, RobA has done it, can do it or can write a script to make it happen anyway... [/blowing smoke up RobA's butt])
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut1981 View Post
    [/blowing smoke up RobA's butt])
    ROFL, why don't you just marry him already...except, what Jug says is pretty accurate. There are some good tutorials written for GIMP and RobA is our expert.

I sucked at it when I started here and now I...well...suck less Just keep at it, you have a good start here and if you can use GIMP to touch it up a bit here and there to soften up the pixelation a bit I think you will be happy you did.

I still waste too much time fiddling with the GIMP tools but I am getting better and faster. Now if I could just get real life off my back so I could do some more art.

Excellent first map. *Rep slap*
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Mostly cause I'm already married and RobA needs to wax more before getting into a Miniskirt...
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store