Thread: Inn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have uploaded the higher resolution image. I have printed this battlemap out before and the scale should be right, so if anybody has a problem with it just let me know and I will try and fix it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    I have uploaded the higher resolution image. I have printed this battlemap out before and the scale should be right, so if anybody has a problem with it just let me know and I will try and fix it.
    it's not a problem, I was just asking if you had someting in higher resolution as higher resolution = nicer print ... so if you want to use the map, not only as a player handout but as a battlemap you can

Now a quick analysis of your map to show you what I'm talking about:
    Your map is 725 x 645 pixels
    If you want to print that with 1 inch squares (for battle map) then the printing resolution is 75 dpi - which is good enough for a screen (MS touch table anyone?) but which is only half of the quality needed for a ok printer.
    So if you want to print at ok quality go for 1500 x 1500 pixels for 10x10 inches
    If you want to print at nice quality go for 2000 x 2000 pixels for 10x10 inches
    and if you want to print professionally go for 3000x3000 pixels for 10x10 inches

as an example look at a battlemap I made of a backyard. The map is 11x11 inches at 300 dpi - which makes it 3300x3300 pixels
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yeah, I see what you are talking about tilt. I took a look at the maps you've done, and they are done at high resolutions. I didn't ever plan on sharing these with anybody besides my D&D group so I didn't think to create them at a higher quality. If I ever create any battlemaps for people to use I will definitely take your suggestion and create them in higher resolutions. Thank you very much for the constructive criticism