We had a situation a while back when someone started posting wholesale maps posted on the guild on his website. Can't remember who it was (think it might have been Gamerprinter?) contacted him - he was very apolegetic (I think he was a young teen) and took all the stuff down.

I think if someone from the guild is going to contact the admins of RPG Life then we need to know which maps have been created by guild members and whether the creators of those maps have any objections to the maps being hosted on the site at all, or without any accreditation. After the the guild don't have any property in the maps posted by its members and we would look pretty silly asking them to take maps down if the owners don't mind them being hosted there.

I can pop something up on the news forum after a quick chat with the other CLs pointing to the site and inviting guild members to go and have a look. I guess we could post thumbnails of the maps we think have been created here - someone might recognise them and the creator and then we could email / pm the creators to see what they want done.

It doesn't have all be agression with loss though. If RPG Life wants a repository of maps then they could just have a direct link to the finished map forum on our site - they would have to register though.

Hmm I wonder they could become one of the Guild Alliance (which seems to have died a death). I don't know if it's possible (perhaps a subject for another topic) but I wonder if it's possible to have a system where if a person has registered for a Guild Alliance site their username and password automatically registers for the Cartographers' Guild. I'll post a suggestion on the CL board.