Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArchipelagoWIP_5.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	757.6 KB 
ID:	25796

Two new things in this version: The marishrooms can be seen in clusters to the south, with caps as wide as 500 meters in some cases, the trunks of these gigantic fungi are about 100 meters across. (I am unsure if I am going to keep shrooms this big...) In addition, this version has my new technique of generating the shallows. I use the seatree, mangrove, shroom, and swamp layers' alpha channels to paint white on a blue layer, then gaussian blur that about 500 pixels or so. The resulting layer is set to be 50% opacity and Multiply effect, which, I think, gives the color of the deeper areas a nice subtle blue.

My next goal is to add at least five more floatstone island frames to that brush, and possibly redo some of the floatstone layer. I'll do the same to add at least five more sea-trees, perhaps to a separate brush so I can place them individually when art/nature demands it. I'll probably do the same for the shroom brush, and might redo that layer to make shrooms a bit smaller. I am still quite happy with the sizing of the mangrove clusters.