Thread: Kobold/Scalegloom Hall (from 4E DMG)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Unfortunately, FG2 does not have fog of war lighting. CC3/DD3 has some very cool lighting effects in it, but what I do when setting it up is make sure that the darkest shadow cast by the lighting is still visible to my players. In FG2 you just unmask the map as you go when using a full map. I've also notice this map is losing a LOT of detail at 50 px/sq (since most of the graphics are 200 px/sq scale). For instance, my latest grid is actually a chiseled line in the floor to make it look tiled. But it just looks like a faded line at 50 px/sq. Speaking of lighting, I really don't know where else to put this, I was just dorking around with the CC3/DD3 lighting effect and made this room:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lt.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	944.3 KB 
ID:	25806

It didn't exactly require a lot of work to do the lighting, mind you. I just specify how long the shadow for object on different sheets should be (WALLS blocks light, SYMBOLS LOW casts a 2 foot shadow, etc) and then specify the blur and darkness of the shadows on unlit areas. But when I move a light, CC3/DD3 does all the lighting changes for me. (Which is good because I move the lighting around a LOT.)
    Last edited by Xorne; 06-13-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    "We all take our risks, down here in the dungeon." --Bargle