Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Entry - Silent Running

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That has been a common problem since the "upgrade" to new forum software...totally bogus if you ask me. As to your thingy, what's it from? I'm not familiar with it. It looks like kettle drums on the left and watermelons on the right with some sort of living quarters in the middle and they have to walk tightropes to get to either side. The Flying Karamazov Brothers in space, an opera in three parts. Eh, shrug, don't mind me I'm still suffering from heat exhaustion so my brain isn't working all that well.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ok, since more than one person have mentioned not being familiar with the bases for my entry here is the Silent Running move trailer. The ships are seen right at the beginning of the trailer and a few places throughout. I guess I show my age in this one 1970's Sci-fi

And for the record there is deck plans anywhere for these ships. It was filmed on a decommissioned navy vessel or something so I have just tried to include the areas they show on the film as well as whatever else I can think of.

PS. I probably should have had this link at the beginning of my entry.

EDIT: Now that I can read your post Ascension I have to say I got a good chuckle. I'm not done yet with the "kettle drums" and the "watermelons" are supposed to be self contained bio-domes with the last forests and plant-life of Earth.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 06-27-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ok, deadline is killing me. I cranked on this all afternoon and late into the night. My mouse hand is cramped up now :O

If you see anything that I should change please let me know and if I have time tomorrow I will see what I can do.

**One or more textures on this 3D model have been created with images from CGTextures.com. These images may not be redistributed by default, please visit www.cgtextures.com for more information.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valley Forge.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	26353  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 06-28-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks about done to me... maybe some more depth to the antennas and the tanks on the left side
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Just a few minor detail updates. I tried to add some depth but I've gotta get out to work...be back if I survive it after 3.5 hours sleep

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	30 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	26356  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

3,5 hours... I do hope your day job isn't brain surgeon then
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You've got some lovely melons, Jax Kidding. Just wanted to say that for some reason...must be the brain damage.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Last one before votes (I hope at least I got it in there).

Just a few minor changes, a title and legend.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	102 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	26368  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 06-28-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12