Quote Originally Posted by Spectre216 View Post
well, now that im outta school i've found myself with an abundance of free time on my hands, so i thought why not make a map. I'm still learning how to do this in photoshop, but i do love making worlds and such, so i my idea is to have people make their own section of the world and then combine it into one map. Then as a group make a collaborative history for the world and such. So who wants in?
Honestly, as already mentioned this particular board is dedicated to a World Building project already, that's two+ years old, with hundreds of man hours involved and its not even 10% complete. Really if you want to get active, this community project already has legs and people are even campaigning in it already. It would be in our interests if more people got involved in this world building project - which means your participation is warranted.

Do we really want to start from scratch all over again, throw out the countless hours put in to start anew? I really doubt many here would be interested in that prospect.

To get to the real truth in the matter, I think every world-building game master is bit like "god", where we each want to create our own worlds. Participating in other people's worlds is less inviting, but does build a community as in our own Cooperative World Building Project - the CWBP. However, my lack of participation really hinges on the available geography doesn't fit my creative needs for cultures and nations I want to build. I tried working on my Japan analog in the CWBP, but none of the available island groups fit my needed geography, climatology or distance to available continents. So I've hardly dabbled at all.

Do I want to get involved in somebody else's new world building project? Answer, never again - its my world or its no world. I will update aspects to work I've already done in the CWBP, but my interests are in my own worlds mostly.

Ultimately, I doubt you'll find many volunteers for starting a new world. I think you will get more participation by joining in our world build.

GP