Quote Originally Posted by Aval Penworth View Post
@ wzrd Seriously though, I love NZ. I visit all the time. Christchurch & Queenstown mostly. When I was a kid I had family there. Now I just go because it is such a cool place to visit, have adventures and enjoy the occasional Speights.
Speights? Hey well we clearly speak the same language then! I live in Christchurch myself so perhaps we could catch-up for a cold one sometime?

@Redrobes - thanks for the welcome and the kind words about my art - I'm guessing from the number of posts you've made here that you are one of the old boys of the forum? Re Lightwave - I have 9.5 on my machine but rarely use it. trueSpace is an odd and quirky program but it's 3d modelling interface is hard to beat once you get through the original learning curve. It's realtime rendering abilities are outstanding which provides a really nice modelling environment. The good news is that it's now free the bad news is that it's no longer under development.
I tried Sketchup recently (I've tried most of the non-pro 3d apps now) and found it's got some really great functionality - but for me I still prefer tS. It's probably just a question of what you are used to.

Oh yeah - I stuck a pin in your map, bottom left hand corner.

@Steel General - wow, over 7000 posts - you must take this stuff pretty seriously! I checked out sme of your maps too - I like the style.