Thread: Story writing troubles... hrm...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Orson Scott Card wrote a book for the Writer's Digest Elements of Fiction Writing entitled Characters & Viewpoint. If I remember correctly, he does deal with multiple first person viewpoints and it is probably available in your local book store. ISBN # 13: 978-0-89879-927-9. It might be of some help. There is another book that I know deals with the subject of multiple first person viewpoints, but I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head. I'll go through my library and try to list it here as well, when I have a chance.

GW
    Last edited by Greason Wolfe; 06-23-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    If you are just working with a notebook you might benefit from some of the nice tools available for writers as well.
    Some time back I poked around a while and found a couple that I have used for putting together my game world scenes and such but I can see they would be helpful for keeping things organized. They also have POV tags and stuff to help you keep track of what you are doing.

The first is Freemind <-- this is great for brainstorming up whatever you want and you can add new things all the time.
    The 2nd is yWriter5 <-- this was developed by a coder who became a writer and he's got tutorials and stuff you can learn from.

Both of these are free so if you don't have anything you might want to check them out.
    Danke! Sometimes shifting around events can make a story much better. I never paid much thought to software for writing, but it might be very helpful.

edit: after testing out the programs, they definitely will be useful.
    Last edited by LS-Jebus; 06-23-2010 at 10:41 AM. Reason: I don't need a reason for editing my post you silly box
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps