Thread: The City of Shiel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Thanks for all the replies. Here is an up date I put in all the main buildings and tried adding trees. The middle fountain area is a park like. Any suggestions on how to do trees right? Also I am still stuck on cobble stone for the streets. And last I think I am going to color it soon. I want to go far a water colored look, any hints on how to do that right?

New City Map Key
    1. St. Cuthberth (combative deity of Wisdom, Dedication, and Zeal) Description: It has cross as a base but has a spectacular dome covering it. (I am thinking of a byzantine orthodox like church, I think)
    2. Pelor (god of sun, light, strength and healing.) Description: It is bright gold color as the ray like balconies spiral up to the sky.
    3. City Hall / Parliament (Government) Description: A large building with huge pillars in front and a hallway that leads to a great circular room toped with a dome and a "watch tower"
    4. Arena Description: it is actually dug out only the highest bleachers are above ground it has a large pavilion at one end.
    5. City Municipal building (maintenance building /guards/ police station) Description: A simple and very effective building with many many rooms stylized with many pillars.
    6. Magic academy [Boccob (god of magic, arcane knowledge, balance and foresight) and Wee Jas (goddess of magic, death, vanity, and law)] Description: A round pagoda reaching high into the sky.
    7. Moradin (god of dwarves) Description: A strong sturdy building with a great hearth fire in the middle.
    8. Yondalla (goddess of halflings) Description: in the clever shape of her shield it looks like to the untrained eye it might fall over but is in fact very sturdy.
    9. Market place (the Big Little market =) ) Description: Hundreds of little round tented booths dot the area selling every thing that any one could thing of.
    10. Garl Glittergold (god of gnomes, humor, and gemcutting) Description: The gnomes have covered the is shiny mettle making it look like a giant gem shooting out of the ground.
    11. Kord (god of athletics, sports, brawling, strength, and courage) Description: the huge inner circle is a bare perfect for doing any sport or feat one might think of leading out in eight points.
    12. Corellon Larethian (god of elves, magic, music, and arts) Description: In the shape of the crescent moon it is mostly open to the air surrounded by trees and pools only a few high towers peek though the foliage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shial2Sm.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	586.9 KB 
ID:	26207