Hi, mathuwm, & welcome to our insidious domain of cartographical obsession. Nice to have you here!

I think your maps do a great job of conveying the lay of the land (well, of the dungeon & the tower, to be specific), so you need to change anything unless you are looking for uses other than, say, a GM map to direct your PCs. (I'm assuming these are for an RPG, since you posted over at ENWorld)

Now, if you want to go the next step the sky is the limit. You could do "pull out" maps of specific areas that have very realistic details, for example. But I'd ask yourself why bother. If you like doing that sort of thing, or if you would like it for your players' enjoyment, then do it. But I see nothing wrong with what you have. They're simple, direct, and useful. I myself only put the mega time into my own maps when I want players to see something as I am imagining it, or when I feel like prettifying my maps (which, because I love maps, is usually )

I hope this gave you some food for thought, & if you do revise I hope you will repost here so we can see & enjoy your progress!

Take care