Thread: The Blacksmith WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Xyll, I really really appreciate the encouragement. I am certainly continuing. I have all but finished the stables and will be moving on to the next one shortly--either the healers, the tanners, or a couple more houses next--This project is turning out bigger than I'd planned, and I've thought of lots of other stuff I wanna do with it now... I just got distracted with experiments in overland mapping and doing a few of the freebee requests from the request forum.

I'm aiming to release them all as one big pack on RPGnow when I'm done. Basically, rather than tiles, they will be one or two A4 pages per building, and you can align them however you please around the center road tiles. I am currently trying to figure out if I can release them in some format that will allow for more control over alignment and placing (diagonally for example). I have considered having each building be a png with transparency so they can be rotated and placed easily. I know that would make the download-file size really really huge though. Oh well, I'll map now and worry about presentation later, I suppose. It will be my first big publication for "D20 Cartographer" so I am pretty excited.

Mark Oliva - I hunted around on the site for the blacksmith diagrams but didn't find them: you have a lot of really nice materials up there though!
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-01-2010 at 01:30 PM.