Thread: [WIP] Avegost

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I think the reason the mountains don't fit in that map is that they're the only photorealistic thing on the map. If you were to add more detail to the land surrounding the mountains, they'd blend in better. Having said that, I like the sepia map much better, although you could do with lightening it up a bit (the land, anyway). Right now it's a bit hard to read text and make out detail. You've also got a whole mess of river violations, especially in the eastern part of the map(s).

And have some rep for your hard work!
    What could I do to make it better? The rivers that is.
    I am an Artist. Avegost is my art. I'm always actively trying to make Avegost better.

Definitely the sepia-toned one - might I ask where you found that 'mountains' brush? I need something just like that!

I agree with Diamond about everything - it needs to be lightened up. As for river placement, This Thread is very informative. The rivers on the west side of the map aren't bad - a few of them need to be run up into the mountains - For instance, that small lake in the bottom right corner should have a source-river going up into those mountains there.

As for the upper-right side, its very 'cluttered'. You'd have to really pull things apart there to get the rivers to make sense. If you follow that thread I'm sure you can figure it out. We can't place your rivers for you, because we don't know how important they are to your campaign, or which direction they are supposed to be flowing in. Rivers are a huge indicator of where major settlements should be placed, so that's something only you can tweak.

Also, keep the islands in the bay the way you have them on the sepia map - that layout looks the most realistic. I really like the potential of that big one. Otherwise, really great work and its really cool to see your progress - have some rep.
    Last edited by MarkusTay; 06-25-2010 at 10:04 PM.