Thread: [WIP] Unnamed continent for Magrathean (my first attempt at regional/world mapping)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay, added political lines and took most/all of Mag's instructions. Hopefully the political line style doesn't cause the "rainbow map" problem that he specifically said he wanted to avoid. Green is Elven territory, red is Dragonborn, blue is Human, purple is Tiefling, Aqua-ish is hobbit-land and brown is Dwarf central. I also added a big 'ol volcano to house the monstrous dragon.

Diamond: I'll take "pretty decent looking" with a smile! You were absolutely right about the rivers, I tapered them a few pixels towards the sources. Hopefully the new version's rivers fit in better, though I am worried that they almost disappear behind the political lines.
    Steel General: Thanks for the pointer. I was also using terrible fonts before (I didn't have any nice scripts available to me) so hopefully the new ones are more legible. I also added the glow you suggested.
    Redrobes: That means a lot coming from someone who has your talent and experience!

Attached: version with and without political lines. There are some variations between them, I was fiddling with coloring/saturation and was still working on shifting things around to make them match their political boarders. Also noticed I forgot to complete that river to block off the the little landmass south of the forest. I'll add that on my next revision.

Mag: If you want to pull down one of these images and just doodle all the cities/capitals/landmarks/things I missed on it in MS paint or something, I could slap them all on at once. Then I'd be sure to have them all where you want them, rather than relying on a description which I might misread.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapForMagrathean - by Joshua Bennett.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	26277  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 06-28-2010 at 10:23 PM.