Thread: Viva Corel!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Interesting method you have there with the cowhides. I use CorelDraw/PP 15.

When doing cleanup on images that are to have a transparent background, what I normally would do is select the magic-wand selector tool and raise the tolarance a bit like 20 - 30. Click in the white area, invert selection, and cut. Refill layer with white solid. Paste the copied image of your island and use a feather of 3 - 5. Less given sharper lines. Then use the magic-wand select tool again with a tolarance of 40 - 50. More if needed till it avoids selecting the small feathered dots. Then just repeat the cut, fill layer with solid white, and paste. Eventually you'll have a clear coastline. Also don't forget to invert selection to get the island.

Default Update 1

I've moved on to filling the landmass. The base is a texture fill. I used a preset leather texture to start. I started experimenting with the properties. The most visible change was dropping the texture density to 01. I didn't want a uniform color for the forest in case I ever decide to drop down a level or two to map the forest itself. I made it by filling individual circles with the same texture, but different colors and/or color intensities. I'm still working on the mountains. I made 4 or 5 individual lines (30 width) and then filled them with a stone texture. I created a mask from the mountain object and applied a bevel effect. I then feathered it. The black line is a placeholder for a river I'm going to add later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Island 7-27-10.pdf