Thread: Software Recommendations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sounds like a symbol driven program with a large library of symbols you can 'drag and drop' into your map is the way to go, and that's CC3 or Dundjinni. Many people find the learning curve of CC3 a hard one to climb (others take to it like a duck to water).

Another option is to buy a vector / raster hybrid (like Serif Drawplus or Xara Xtreme) and make or import the symbols you need from the internet (e.g. the Dundjinni forums). I can only speak for Drawplus as I do not use Xara, but it is the most intuitive drawing software I have ever come across.

Good luck in your search.

The attached took about 10 mins to do in Serif with stuff I had lying around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	test.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	403.9 KB 
ID:	26461  

Thanks for the reply, i do like the idea of 'drag and drop' for battle map creation. Sort of like what i would do in reality with dungeon tiles and the like.

That is interesting about Drawplus/Xara, how easy is it to structure those applications to work on a grid? Such as one that would work well with D&D?

I already have a large image library gathered for use in Maptool, but its a pain to search through it. One thing i did like about the Dunjinni Demo was how it group all its assets. How easy is it to import symbols and the like into applications like Drawplus?